Monday, June 23, 2008

Interview with Mr. Ravindra Shenoi...Melia dubia

Melia seedlings best planted in June-July...seedling about 6'' to 8". Will grow to 3 feet very quickly and thereafter it is difficult to transport
2nd year thinning can fetch Rs. 75000 ( per acre...match industry can pay even twice the cost
per tonne 1000/tonne at farm...delivered at Erode etc. about Rs.1500/tonne...According to Pugazhendi around Rs. 50000 per acre

High calorific value...very suitable for energy plantation?!

I have passed on my email ID to Mr. Shenoi. He has been in touch with Karnataka Agricultural University, Hebbal, TNAU, SPIC etc.
In his opinion Mr. Pugazhendi is a phenom. He and 12 others are developing a 120 acre farm with 25 acres of Vadu Mangai and also hybrid lime.

4 comments:

kiterunner said...

Hi,

I'm an Agriculturist from Coimbatore - Tamil Nadu and has planted Melia Dubia. I'd like to know more about it. Could you please mail me at urhartbeat@gmail.com?

Thanks,
Mukunth

Admin said...

you want melia dubia details.. visit www.amirthanursery.com

Admin said...

you want melia dubia details.. visit www.amirthanursery.com

Rajesh&jeyashree said...

Hi,

I'm an Agriculturist from sivakasi near madurai - Tamil Nadu and i am planning to plant Melia Dubia (malai vembu). i want to know were i can get the seedling of it.
next i want to know if it worth of planting it in my 1 acre of my land.
pls contact my mail id rajeshbose@gmail.com